The D.O.N.E. Society is a community for dreamers, doers, and the disenchanted. You are a person working your 9-5 and just feel like this is not how life should be? You imagine starting a digital business but need to share your ideas and get feedback from people who "get it." And, let's be honest, you're so done.
My name is Michelle Jackson and I've walked in your shoes.
I worked for 10 years in a job that I loved for the first 5 years...and then I didn't. As luck would have it, I was unable to leave because The Great Recession happened the year that I hoped to leave. I made a pragmatic decision and decided to stay in my job for one more year and that one year became five years.
During that time I began a personal finance and lifestyle blog (www.shopmyclosetproject.com), and learned that there were other ways to make a living. I began to meet people earning passively through their blogging, and then I began to meet people who were helping other people via the internet. They were living their best lives as they imagined them and from that moment on I fell in love with the digital model of business.
I am glad that I walked the hard road so that I can make your journey a little bit smoother!
Some additional random information about me:
- Obsessive reader
- I love to travel-but slowly. I like to go to one place for weeks or months at a time.
- Adventurous foodie-I love cooking, eating, shopping and thinking about food. Anthony Bourdain would be my ideal travel partner.
- From Colorado and I love it so much that I started a blog about Colorado. If you plan on visiting or moving here check out my site: www.coloradoluvhub.info
- I love to bike, hike, camp, and snowboard
- I love fashion but killed my shopping habit after a one year No Shopping Challenge.
I want people to live their best lives as YOU imagine it.
Michelle-Founder of The D.O.N.E. Society